Accountant Controller, ThinkOperations LLC (DBA Thinkbaby and Thinksport)
Thinkbaby and Thinksport (www.gothinksport.com and www.gothinkbaby.com) is a rapidly growing consumer branded safe products company based in Austin, Texas with a core mission of addressing the growing concern surrounding harmful chemicals contained in everyday consumer products.
Due to the significant growth being experienced, we are seeking to hire immediately on a fulltime Accountant Controller. This individual will report directly to the Founder and have hands-on, day-to-day responsibilities for planning, implementing, and controlling all accounting, operations and financial-related activities for the Company as well as other needs as necessary to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans, and policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for the Company’s accounting and finance functions to produce accurate and timely internal financial statements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
· Produce budget and long-range planning financial processes in coordination with CEO and other management team members
Packaging and shipping logistics
· Day-to-day management of financial operations and controls, including, but not limited to the areas of A/P, A/R, vendor payments, payroll expenses, cash management, banking relationships,
· Develops finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
· Establishes finance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
-Work with FTL, LTL, domestic shipping organizations to drive efficiencies in packaging, assortment and warehousing.
· Develops organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analyzing organization operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; accumulating capital to fund expansion.
· Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources; developing action plans.
· Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
· Support Director of Operations in the overall operational management of the Division.
· Coordinate timely and accurate closing, budgeting & forecasting cycle for operations. Lead financial reporting and analysis to assess and identify risks and opportunities and drive accountability for operations & distribution variances, productivity / cost savings initiatives, inventory and capital expenditures.
· Prepare internal reporting package that is timely and insightful that will help in improving business performance.
· Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the assumptions underlying the budget and forecasts, including sales & purchasing volumes, impact of strategic initiatives, pricing, foreign currency exposure, productivity
· Oversee annual standard cost rolls and physical inventory counts.
· Lead the effort to streamline order management from EDI to 3PL transmission.
· Ensure full internal control measures are in place and complied with according to the guidelines of internal and external audit and Sarbanes-Oxley
· Evaluate current systems and processes and recommend appropriate value-added changes to enhance tools and information.
· Provide strong leadership and communication to the supply chain team and total business.
· Some domestic and international travel expected.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully present financial goals, plans and objectives to financial institutions and Board of Directors
· Superior interpersonal and communication skills and ability to thrive high speed team environment
· Initiative – ability to work and achieve objectives independently
· Able to manage multiple tasks at one time and meet deadlines with strong problem solving and process improvement skills
· Manages and seeks opportunities to improve the levels of net working capital employed in the business
· Presents financial results and strategic plan at quarterly board meetings
· Produces KPI dashboard of monthly financial results and communicates results to all staff internally
· Validates sales forecast and inventory projections
· Creates financial models to assess various opportunities to increase profitability
· Searches for opportunities to increase margin, increase inventory turns and limit the potential for slow-moving inventory.
Manages third-party contracts and agreements
Work with CEO on sourcing options and foreign 3PL management/selection
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA, CFA and/or MBA preferred
· 10+ years of Accounting or Finance experience; ideally within the Accounting or Finance departments in the consumer products/retail industry (critical)
· Experience or desire to work in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work with limited resources and adapt as the Company continues to experience significant growth
· Experience with capital raises and mergers and acquisitions and interfacing effectively with outside advisors and professionals
· Ideally currently residing in the Austin, Texas area but will consider relocation.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines
· Must have expert knowledge with major accounting software (such as QuickBooks, NetSuite Hyperion, SAP) and Microsoft Office
· Ability to take initiative for making appropriate decisions and have strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for maintaining effective business relationships with peers, customers, and vendors
· Ability to multitask and excellent organizational skills is essential
Compensation: Based on experience – Hiring for either VP of Finance or Controller
Contact Information: Info@GOthinkbaby.com