Business Development Manager - Baby & Kids & Sporting : Posted 08.10.18
Regional Sales Representative : Baby & Kids & Sporting -Posted: 10.02.2018
Job Title: Business Development Manager : Baby & Kids & Sporting
3 Positions Open
Central ( US Territory) Based in Austin, Texas
West Coat (Based Norcal - PACWest)
East Coast (Based
NY, NY or PA)
General Job Description
Since 2006, Thinkbaby & Thinksport has been creating safe, highly functional, and sustainable products. We continue our safer products mission by targeting harmful consumer product categories and developing safer alternatives. Our catalog now spans 150+ items, and many of the leading retailers across the country carry our products. We are expanding our sales team to grow our footprint of retailers, increase revenue, and provide a high level of overall service for our retail partners. We are currently hiring for three (3) Business Development Thinker positions:
- Central Region (based in Austin)
- East Coast (preferably NY/NJ area),
- PacWest (preferably NorCal, OR, WA)
The Regional Sales Representative is responsible for sales and account management of health & natural, baby specialty, and sporting & outdoor retailers within a specific set of US states. This includes independent stores and regional chains. The role requires a high level of activity including outbound phone calls, emails, feet on the street in major cities, and representation at industry expos. Strong speaking, writing and relationship building skills are required. This position has a 40-50% travel component.
Role Responsibilities :
- Clearly define all potential target accounts in specified territory
- Connect and maintain relationships with buyers at target accounts
- Deliver phone, web and in-person presentations to write new business
- Manage existing accounts to expand product assortment, deliver staff training, and provide excellent overall service
- Accountability for revenue, margin and customer satisfaction
- Develop marketing and promotional plans to insure success at retail level
- Participate in outreach activities such as event expos and trade shows.
- Connect to blogs, magazines and online destinations to raise brand awareness within your region
- Reports to Head of Sales
Compensation (Dependent on experience)
Breadth of footprint: Based on territory
Types of stores: Baby and kids specialty stores. Sporting Goods, Fitness studios and Gyms,. Pharmacies, Natural markets and conventional markets. Outdoors stores. Running / Cycling / Multii sport specialty stores. Online channels. Boutique to large national chains.
Travel component: 30+% travel estimate.